Unit 2: Learning about Lisboa
Prompt: You are at a cafe in Lisbon, trying to get breakfast with your family (because that is virtually all I know how to do in Portuguese).
1. Hello. Do you have a table?
2. Yes, outside please.
3. Can we have the menu please?
4. Thank you. A coffee with milk.
5. To eat I would like a custard pastry.
6. The check, please.
7. This tax is illegal, I want a new check without the ten percent.
8. I may be American, but I am not an idiot.
Bonus question: how do you say the following in Portuguese:
I am a police officer. Put your notepad where I can see it!
Answers are at the bottom of the following blog post. If you score more than 50%, you can save 10% on you coffee and pastry at an already overpriced cafe. Way to go!
Victor Bernabei is just another millenial travel blogger. But here's the twist: He isn't a millenial! His goal is to see as many countries as he can, and spread the message that the world is not as scary as the news wants you to believe, and that there is beauty in all people, places and things.